Yeah, sure Halloween and voting are important, but what this email reveals is far more important and potentially life changing (at least in my deluded psychotic-break-from-reality reality).
- Friday, October 31 - Halloween. Ok, you probably knew that one.
- Saturday, Novembeer 1st - Last Call for Novembeerfest Entries and National Learn To Homebrew Day. What a lucky coincidence. Bring your Novembeerfest entries down to Larry's and and your brew system and support teaching people to brew. Door prizes too (and who couldn't use a new door): https://www.facebook.com/Larrysbrewsupply?fref=nf And if you don't know, the Novembeerfest website is: http://www.wahomebrewers.org/novembeerfest
- Wednesday, Novembeer 5th - Novembeerfest Bottle Sort. Yes, we need help sorting the 250-300 entries (times 3 bottles!) and you can make it happen. It is a fun time and we provide food, and perhaps a little beer to keep you from drinking the entries. It is always a great time and many hands make light work. Sorting will start in earnest about 6:00 but come when you can.
- Friday, Novembeer 7th - Novembeerfest Judging, 1st session. Stewards and judges needed. And yes, food is provided. You don't need to be BJCP ranked, we can pair you with an experience judge. Stewarding is also a great way to see how judging works. Arrive at 5:30pm, judging at 6:00pm.
- Saturday Novembeer 8th - Novembeerfest Judging, 2nd & 3rd session. Same story as above. Arrive at 8:30am, judging at 9:00am or 12:30 and judging at 1:00pm.
- Saturday Novembeer 8th - Old Ale Release Party. Tacoma Narrows Brewing Co. (http://www.narrowsbrewing.com) is slated to be our Novembeer featured brewery at our Novembeer meeting (3rd Friday). Narrows Brewing head brewer Joe Walts is going to talk to us about all things beer from his perspective at our meeting. Sooooo, if you are not faithfully helping out at Novembeerfest and are in the Tacoma area, there is a sweet event at at Narrows Brewing. Ron Pattinson (author of Shut up about Barclay Perkins Blog ( http://barclayperkins.blogspot.com )) will be giving a talk on stock ale at 3:00pm. And on that same epic day Narrows will be releasing a blended Old Ale. Which dovetails very well with our traditional Novembeer meeting topic on winter warmers.
- Friday, Novembeer 21 - Club Meeting. Winter Warmer Tasting and Talk from Joe Walts head brewer of Narrows brewing. Other shenanigans.
September is upon us and so is the season of the Oktoberfest. Enjoy and have much septemberhem (mayhem was several months ago!)
- Sept 19, Aler Meeting, Kent, Wa. 'Nuff said.
- Sept 19-21, Fremont Oktoberfest, Seattle, WA
Enjoy this great annual event which includes a 5 K Fun Run (if you consider running fun, that is), great beers (now we're talking) and many other events (usually beer related). Sunday will be family friendly. Info: http://www.fremontoktoberfest.com/
- September 25, Brewer's Night with Airways, Dog and Pony Alehouse, Renton, WA
Join in the fun as the Airways gang infiltrates the Dog and Pony. Probably a good chance former Ovepresidemporlord Mark (and current vestigial limb) will be there, as it is within stumbling distance of his house. Enjoy great beer and giveaways. Info: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dog-and-Pony-Alehouse/50759777539
- September 26, Oktoberfest Mega Beer Tasting, The Wine Alley, Renton, Wa
Bring on the beer! Tantalize your taste buds with a great selection for the Fall. For $5 you get to sample all these beers and take home a glass. From 5-7pm. The illustrious list includes: Wingman Weissbier, Big Al’s Smoked Porter, Blue Mountain Cider, Harvester #3 IPA, Brickyard IPA, Ayinger Oktoberfest, Left Hand Oktoberfest, HB Hofbrau Oktoberfest, Fremont Harvest Ale, Southern Tier Pumpking Pumpkin Ale. http://www.thewinealley.com/The_Wine_Alley2/Home.html
- September 27, Brewer's Night with Firestone Walker, Dog and Pony Alehouse, Renton, WA
Enjoy the great Firestone Walker beers and giveaways at this event. While the Airways folks have a short trip to the great Dog and Pony, the FW boys have a muuuuuuuch longer, so let's pack the joint. I'm sure Mark will let us all crash at his place (his wife loves tons of unexpected company, really and truly).Info: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dog-and-Pony-Alehouse/50759777539
The 2014 Washington Beer Awards results are in. So, if you plan to spend some of your hard earned cash on some sweet brew, this is a good list to choose from. You can just enjoy them or be inspired to make something similar. Either way, Prost!