Created: 11 February 2011
First I want to thank everyone for their support at the election, and the kind words of encouragement. I also would like to thank all the folks who stepped forward and offered to help lead the club forward for the next year.
I have several things I'm the midst of planning for this year. I want to let everyone know what we have on tap for the future:
- February - cigars and beer pairing, courtesy of the recently deposed Nic Templeton
- March - yeast propagation and beer finings. Also the Saturday before St. Patty's Day 3/12 will be the annual St. Patty's pot luck
- April - sour beers, courtesy of Mark Emily
- May - club swap meet, decoction, and the annual "Nationwide Big Brew Day"
- June - brewing resources on the web, and a guest speaker (to be announced)
- July - no monthly meeting, however our annual camping trip is scheduled. We are also planning on a Saturday "Share the Wort" event on a separate weekend sometime during the summer
- August - water chemistry
- September - recipe formulation, mead
- October - club potluck
- November - cooking with beer, beer pairing
- December - holiday party
- January - elections
- February - to be announced.
I am also considering a couple of alternate topics, including sanitation, wort chilling, and setting up a home kegerator.
I am currently seeking some experts on the topics among our members, however if you know someone or are an expert yourself, please let me know and we will have you present a topic.
Don't be shy, the members will only flog you mercilessly for your knowledge, and modern counseling techniques will have you back to normal in no time......
I am also seeking someone among our members who has some skill and inclination to help us update our club logo. I think it's time we were able to proudly show some impaling alers pride on shirts, banners and the like. Shoot me an email if you would like to help out.